In this course, you will learn an extensive repertoire of Reformer Intermediate and Advanced exercises. You will also learn about using the Reformer for injuries of the shoulder, hip, knee and ankle. This course will assist you to effectively use a Reformer in your rehabilitation work as well as advancing clients who require a challenge.
|Who should attend this course?
|Exercise Physiologists, Physiotherapists, Pilates Matwork and Equipment Instructors and Allied Health professionals providing rehabilitation and who want to work more effectively with their clients
|Studies in Physiotherapy, the Allied Health Professions or Pilates Matwork
|Reformer Intermediate and Advanced Short Course Manual
|Optional assessment for the nationally accredited unit of competency PILEQU501 Teach Pilates Reformer repertoire requires undertaking Reformer Essentials and Reformer Intermediate and Advanced Short Courses and additional assessment activities.
|$550 (plus $25 enrolment fee)
Why This Course?
- Enables you to teach Reformer Intermediate and Advanced exercises
- The only course of its kind offering a unique blend of challenging exercises for fitness, spinal strength, mobility and stability with a unique focus on spiralling movements of the spine
- Assist your clients to achieve better results while addressing individual needs
- You learn a variety of Reformer exercises to extend your clients depending on levels of fitness and experience
- Enhances your career and professional standing
- You learn how to modify Reformer exercises for varying abilities and injuries
- This 1 day course is practical and hands on – you get to experience the exercises and feel them in your body
- You will practise teaching another person those same exercises
- Learn how to identify and correct poor technique in your clients
- You can obtain a nationally recognised statement of attainment
Additional Assessment requirements:
Additional $150 for assessment for PILEQU501 Teach Pilates Reformer Repertoire (optional). Additional assessment requirements apply. Students must complete Reformer Essentials & Reformer Intermediate/Advanced to qualify for this unit of competency.
The additional assessment activities required for the units of competency PILEQU501 Teach Pilates Reformer Repertoire involves:
- Developing a session plan based on the Tensegrity 8 Part SystemTM and delivery of the session plan to client(s) in your workplace, working with the reformer repertoire
- Knowledge assessment relating to the Reformer
- Practical assessment of the Reformer repertoire during the workshop