10596NAT Diploma of Contemporary Pilates and Teaching Methodology
This nationally accredited qualification is delivered in partnership with Tensegrity Training, RTO #60182
The Tensegrity Training 10596NAT Diploma of Contemporary Pilates and Teaching Methodology includes the 52728WA Certificate IV in Contemporary Pilates and Teaching Methodology and will equip you with the skills and experience to successfully enter the workforce as a Pilates Instructor. The course will provide you with client assessment skills, exercise prescription and teaching techniques, as well as a solid understanding of anatomy and physiology and associated pathologies.
The 10596NAT Diploma of Contemporary Pilates and Teaching Methodology is an intermediate level qualification for the Pilates industry using holistic training principles.
The course equips you with skills to make informed assessments and design outstanding improvement strategies for low to moderate risk clients. Graduates will have sophisticated skills in teaching and assessment, be able to problem solve, utilize consistent thinking and be able to apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable situations.
The 10596NAT Diploma of Contemporary Pilates and Teaching Methodology is a comprehensive course equipping graduates with a solid understanding of Matwork Pilates and Studio Equipment Pilates.
As a graduate of the 10596NAT Diploma of Contemporary Pilates and Teaching Methodology you will enter the Pilates industry with exceptional skills to work in the fitness, health or community sectors. You will become a practitioner with a contemporary approach to the holistic delivery of Pilates drawn from a sound knowledge of the science of human movement, teaching methodology & didactics.
This course is suited to students wanting to pursue a part-time or full time career as a Pilates practitioner, either within an existing Pilates studio or intending to work as part of an allied health team.
- Online learning (10 hrs) – the anatomy and physiology unit must be completed on line prior to commencing workshops. The History of Pilates and WHS Topics must also be undertaken online.
- Classroom Delivery (98 hours) – which covers Pilates theory and practical instruction of the Pilates method. Delivered over a minimum of 36 weeks with mandatory attendance at 9 weekend workshops, covering the theory and science of Pilates, practical instruction of Pilates repertoire exercises, teaching methodology and programing for Pilates Instructors.
- Self-Study (100 hours) -3 hours per week self-study of the theory and science of Pilates set weekly by the course provider over the 36 weeks. This includes set assessment tasks, selected readings, research and participation in study groups.
- Clinical Practice (200 hours) – involves work experience in one or more Pilates studios involving general administration duties and Pilates instruction.
- Personal Exercise Practice (150 hours) – includes a minimum of 78 hours participation in Pilates classes taught by an accredited Pilates instructor and signed off by the instructor; and 72 hours of personal practice of Pilates exercises as set by the course provider on a weekly basis (2hrs per week). These hours must be recorded in students’ personal exercise journal. Costs associated with undertaking these Personal Practice sessions will be in addition to the cost of your course fees.
7 weekend workshops (Friday afternoon, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday all day) are conducted approximately 3 weeks apart over the duration of the course.
The Integrated Course for the Diploma of Contemporary Pilates and Teaching Methodology takes Pilates Instructors to the skill level required to continue post-rehabilitative work, as it provides the education and level of understanding to work more closely with allied health practitioners such as doctors, physiotherapists, chiropractors, osteopaths, exercise physiologists, massage therapists, nurses and midwives. You will develop a sound, in-depth understanding of how Functional Anatomy and Somatics can be incorporated into your Contemporary Pilates repertoire. This course gives you the skills to:
• Design and teach specialised Contemporary Pilates Matwork group classes at all levels.
• Design and teach Contemporary Pilates equipment and small apparatus sessions for a range of populations and client needs.
• Design and instruct personalised Contemporary Pilates training designed for varying levels, body and postural types for low to medium risk clients.
• Include a variety of Pilates equipment and small apparatus into all of your sessions.
• Work confidently with post-rehabilitative clients.
• Confidently liaise with other allied health professionals.
COST OF COURSE
$8,150 (An interest free payment plan is available)
Benefits of Becoming an accredited Tensegrity Pilates Teacher
• High Demand for Qualified Teachers in a Growing Industry
• Appreciation for the Human Body and How it Works
• You will be learning from the Pilates industries most experienced and highly qualified instructors
• You participate in small group sizes for individual, “hands-on” attention when learning the Pilates repertoire
• The Tensegrity Training SystemTM is an easy to learn, systematic approach to the delivery of Pilates instruction for the whole body
• You will learn how to develop programs specific to a clients’ goals and needs
• You will learn how to think on your feet and make expert choices in exercise selection, specific to individual clients needs
• All Tensegrity Training Learner Materials are constantly reviewed to ensure they provide the latest knowledge and skills for the industry
• Access to the range of Tensegrity Training’s well-established programs, services, references, resources, and continuing education opportunities
• Students learn and develop effective teaching techniques, observation, spotting, and cueing skills
• You learn how to improve posture, hip and shoulder bio-mechanics, gait, appropriate muscle firing patterns, core concepts, fundamental principles, preparatory exercises for improved body alignment, ways to modify exercises, and tools for appropriately challenging more advanced or special clients
• Allied Health Practitioner lectures/ workshops for a better understanding of medical issues related to health & exercise
• A Rehabilitation focus that addresses topics relating to injuries, chronic conditions, and post-rehabilitation Pilates
• Upon successful completion of 52728WA Certificate IV in Contemporary Pilates and Teaching Methodology and 10596NAT Diploma of Contemporary Pilates and Teaching Methodology graduates will be eligible to apply for membership to the Australian Pilates Method Association and Pilates Alliance Australia.
• The 10596NAT Diploma of Contemporary Pilates and Teaching Methodology is a Federal Government nationally recognised qualification.