In this course, you will learn an extensive repertoire of Reformer exercises. You will also learn about using the Reformer for injuries such as shoulder, hip, knee, ankle and elbow. This course will assist you to effectively use a Reformer in your work.
|Who should attend this course?||Exercise Physiologists, Physiotherapists, Pilates Matwork instructors and other Allied Health professionals providing rehabilitation and who want to work more effectively with their clients|
|Prerequisites||Studies in Physiotherapy, the Allied Health Professions or Pilates Matwork|
|Pre-course Study||5 hours|
|Course Duration||2 days|
|Course Materials||Short Course Manual – Reformer
Reformer Essentials – Workbook
|Assessment||Optional assessment for the nationally accredited unit of competency PILEQU501 Teach Pilates reformer essentials. Additional assessment activities apply.|
Additional $150 for assessment for PILEQU501 Teach Pilates Reformer Essentials. (optional)
Why This Course?
- Enables you to teach Reformer exercises and to instruct clients with a range of levels through using a broad range of appropriate Reformer repertoire.
- Assist your clients to achieve better results
- You learn a range of Reformer rehab exercises to use relating to your clients level of fitness and rehab needs
- Enhances your career and professional standing
- You learn how to modify reformer exercises for varying levels and injuries
- This 2 day course is practical and hands on – you get to experience the exercises and feel them in your body
- You will practise teaching another person those same exercises
- Learn how to identify and correct poor technique in your clients
- You can obtain a nationally recognised statement of attainment
Additional Assessment requirements:
Optional assessment for the nationally accredited unit of competency PILEQU501 Teach Pilates Reformer repertoire requires requires undertaking Reformer Essentials and Reformer Intermediate and Advanced Short Courses and additional assessment activities.
The additional assessment activities required for the units of competency PILEQU501 Teach Pilates Reformer repertoire involves:
- Developing a session plan based on the Tensegrity 8 Part SystemTM and delivery of the session plan to client(s) in your workplace, working with the reformer repertoire
- Knowledge assessment relating to the Reformer
- Practical assessment of the Reformer repertoire during the workshop