This course will add huge variety to your classes. The course covers 31 Pre-Pilates exercises and 27 Traditional Pilates Matwork exercises, ranging from easy rehab-based repertoire to some very challenging advanced exercises to really extend your clients.
Compliment your classes, help increase your client retention and receive more referrals!
The Pre-Pilates and Traditional Matwork Pilates exercises are also perfect for home exercise prescription and maintenance programming for rehabilitation clients.
|Who should attend this course?||Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists and Allied Health professionals who want to work more effectively with their clients especially those professionals providing rehabilitation exercises for their clients, particularly those who want to work more somatically with clients|
|Prerequisites||Studies in Physiotherapy, Exercises Science or other the Allied Health Professions|
|Pre-course Study||2 hours|
|Course Duration||2 days|
|Course Materials||Pre-Pilates Workbook
Traditional Pilates Matwork Workbook
Teaching Methodology Manual
|Assessment||Optional assessment for the nationally accredited unit of competency ARTMAT402 Teach Pilates essentials and ARTMAT406 Teach Pilates flow is available and involves some additional work|
Additional $150 for optional assessment for ARTMAT402 Teach Pilates essentials and ARTMAT406 Teach Pilates flow. Assessment of these two units of competency may be undertaken individually.
Why This Course?
- Easily integrate Pre-Pilates and Traditional Pilates Matwork exercises into your normal sessions with clients
- Adds variety and challenge into your sessions
- Suitable for clients at all levels, from rehabilitation to elite athletes
- Using these exercises provides:
- A more ‘all over’ body workout
- Increased balance and coordination, especially with your elderly clients
- Increased muscle tone
- Individualised exercises for each client
- Developmentally staged approach to rehabilitation
- Ideal for your rehabilitation clients
Additional Assessment requirements:
The additional assessment activities required for the units of competency ARTMAT402 Teach Pilates essentials and ARTMAT406 Teach Pilates flow involves:
- Developing a session plan based on the Tensegrity Training 8 Part SystemTM and the delivery of the session plan to a class, covering Pre-Pilates and Traditional Pilates repertoire
- Knowledge Assessment for Pre-Pilates and Traditional Pilates exercises
- Practical Assessment of Pre-Pilates and Traditional Pilates exercises during the workshop